About the iTero scannerWe are excited to announce the arrival of the iTero intra-oral scanner. Most orthodontic patients agree that impressions are the most unpleasant procedure involved in daily orthodontic therapy and would welcome this amazing alternative.
The iTero Scanner captures the contours of tooth and gingival structures, producing an accurate digital orthodontic scan in just minutes. An accurate impression is the foundation of the accurate study model required for effective treatment planning and orthodontic care, which results in improved orthodontic treatment.
The iTero handheld wand takes a digital image of your prepared teeth, stopping as needed. You can look at the 3D image on the screen in real-time. Now, instead of shipping impressions to the lab to be scanned, the digital image is electronically sent to the lab and is available in the Invisalign Clincheck or the laboratory system the very next day.
The accuracy and detail of the iTero scan vs. a putty impression is kind of like watching HDTV over standard definition TV. These digital scans don’t need to be re-scanned by removing the “clay modeling step” - therefore, we have greatly improved the accuracy.
Benefits of iTero Scanning
- Powder free scanning for patient comfort
- Eliminates the discomfort of impressions and re-impressions
- Superior accuracy with no distortion from patient movement during set, removal of impression, or disinfection
- The Invisalign Outcome Simulator helps patients visualize how their teeth may look at the end of Invisalign treatment
- Fewer, shorter patient appointments
- Increased patient comfort by eliminating traditional impressions
- Single use imaging shield to ensure maximum cleanliness